[Ubuntu-SG] Should we "Say No to Piracy"?

Chen Xiangpeng xp at xp.sg
Mon Jun 22 09:01:15 UTC 2009

Hi,

I am with Tom on this. The idea of intellectual property/software patent
rights go against the spirit of cooperation and sharing in the world of Free
or Open-source software. It's not a legality issue. It's an ideology issue.

Take a look at the members of the HIP alliance:
http://www.ipos.gov.sg/topNav/prg/gen/HIP+(Honour+Intellectual+Property)+Alliance.htm

You see names like Microsoft(nuff said) and Electronic Arts(Biggest users of
Securom DRM anyone?).
It's a bad idea to join the alliance in my opinion. Just my 2 cents.

Regards,
XP