[Ubuntu-SG] Free and Open Source Alliance - First AGM

Tom Goh tomgohj at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 08:15:27 BST 2009

Dear All,

As you may or may not have known The Singapore Linux Meetup Group (SLMG)
in partnership with many other open source groups and enthusiasts have
been working towards the formation of the Free and Open Source Alliance
(FOSA) in Singapore.  We registered our alliance on April 1, 2009 and
soon after got approval from the Registry of Societies.  Our goals for
this Alliance are:

1. To promote the use of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in
Singapore through advocacy and education;
2. To create an alliance of Free and Open Source Software groups in
Singapore that will serve as a unifying resource for the entire Free and
Open Source Software community of Singapore;
3. To act as a conduit between  the Free and Open Source Software
community and academia, business, government and the public of Singapore;
4. To be a vendor-neutral organization;
5. To groom and support the future Free and Open Source Software leaders
of Singapore.

As part of our requirements with the Registry of Societies, we are
required to hold our Annual General Meeting (AGM) within 3 months of the
formation of a Society.  As such, SLMG will be using the June Meetup to
hold our AGM.  During this meeting we will need to conduct our first
general election and then followup with some administrative items.  As
this is a critical step we will require your support to make this a
successful event.

If you are interested in running for a position within the organization
please contact me and I will add you to the ballot.  The positions that
are being elected into are the following:

  - President (Currently Held by Darrel Chua)
  - Vice-President
  - Secretary (Currently Held by Thomas Goh)
  - Assistant Secretary
  - Treasurer
  - Assistant Treasurer
  - Five (5) other Full Members in the posts of Ordinary Members of the
Executive Committee.

Following the election of the posts, we will discuss a number of items
that we need to get sorted out.

1. Establishment of a Bank Account.
2. Establisnment of Membership Dues.
3. Registration of new members.
4. Official Support of Software Freedom Day.
4. Any other business that requires attention.

To find out more about how FOSA will be managed, please see our

Please RSVP here:

Tom Goh