[Ubuntu-SG] FOSS Malaysia on 8th Nov 2008

Kelvin Quee kq at kquee.com
Tue Sep 23 14:54:17 UTC 2008

Hello Slugnet, Singapore Linux Meetup Group and Ubuntu-SG,

FOSS Malaysia is organising an event called "FOSS.my"!

It's happening on 8th Nov 2008 (Saturday) in Kuala Lumpur.

There will be a variety of talks and workshops.

This event is still in planning stages but it is *definitely* happening!
I've been talking to these guys on #myoss (irc.freenode.net) for awhile
and I know some of them personally. It's very very exciting!

So, if you're interested, please set aside this day. I'll be going there
and I may be speaking on something (non-technical). Please join us!

Even better, please contribute something. Throw some ideas or concepts
at Han (whom I've CC-ed here). Han needs program ideas. This is the
first time the Malaysian community is doing something like that so let's
help them make it a success!

Or - volunteer to speak on something about FOSS in Singapore, about our
community and our recent fantastic SFD event.

Find out more about FOSS.my here -

http://foss.org.my/projects/events/foss.my/FOSS.my-event/view

Let's have a discussion about this event on our mailing lists in
Singapore. I think the FOSS momentum is gaining both in SG and MY. Let's
make things happen.    :)

--
Kelvin Quee
+65 9177 3635