[Ubuntu-SG] Thank you very much everyone

Maung Myat Thu @ Billy Aung Myint billy at ubuntu.sg
Sat Sep 20 14:07:38 UTC 2008

Hi Everyone ,

             It has been an amazing day for us all. For the first time
since this mailing list was started about 3 years ago , we can showcase
our combined talents and dedication for everyone else to see. So before
we all forget , we would like to thank those who had contributed to our
cause in some ways or another.

Heidir  - Helped us not only with the printing but also came up with
many of the ideas we have implemented for this event. Also , his
monetary contribution definitely made this event possible for TUSG.

Chew - The most technical guy on our team and answered many questions
today.

Rykel - Our chief source of ideas for publicity.

Rui Boon - Our chief designer/administrator for the website/forum. Also
another monetary contributor.

John - Another guy who helped to answer Ubuntu questions today.

Ziroday - Our IRC Operator :P

XP - Has been helping us with designs for logos/banners.

David aka CDR - Not only he organised the whole SFD08 event but also
contributed his time and money towards TUSG.

Rajesh at Samooha - Helped us with our extremely limited budget. Thank you
so much.

Definitely , this list only contains those I could only remember after a
long day and my sincere apologies to everyone else I have missed out.
Everyone on this list has in one time or another contributed to our
cause and for that I , on behalf of TUSG , would like to say thank you.

For too long since I requested Canonical for the Ubuntu-sg mailing list
3 years ago , it has been more or less a one man show. I did the
website , ubuntu wiki , contents and mailing list. It was more or less
my website , my mailing list , my team.

But after seeing and watching the event today , I can confidently say
this is no longer my team. This has become OUR team. I could feel the
identity of TUSG everywhere in that room. Thank you everyone for making
this impossible possible. Lets make this the best Open Source group in
Singapore. I know we can do it.

Regards,
Billy