[Ubuntu-SG] reverse proxy for SG ubuntu mirror

Tue Sep 16 06:26:36 UTC 2008

Hi Ruiboon,

I believe the NUS science may have its hands tied because the issue
lies with NUSCC network, not the mirror server itself.

For redirection of sg.archive.ubuntu.com, I am aware that a local
network service provider is keen on mirroring ubuntu.
As such, maybe you can hold off on this for awhile until they finalize
their plans to mirror.

Meanwhile for SFD08, you may want to use ubuntu.xenoncore.net, I am
not sure how heavy a load it can take but that's why I'm "advertising"
it to the list to try it.

Cheers.

--
Ang Kah Yik (bangky) - http://blog.bangky.net