[Ubuntu-SG] ubuntu.sg contains spam posts

Rui Boon ruiboon at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 16:01:16 UTC 2008

> To break out of this Catch-22, can somebody propose something
interesting to get people out of the woodwork and then we can all
contribute
> towards the something-interesting project ?

>From the archive of this mailing list, there are some good idea.
1) "have a small local wiki to post nice tips that we collect from the
ubuntu forum." [1]
-> Maybe this could be implemented with the forum idea by Chew
2) Printing and distributing free "Powered by ubuntu" stickers [2]
3) Hold school events/fairs [3]
> Anyways, to date, the suggested names are:
> Kiasu (chew)
> Singapore Happenings (rykel)
> Singapore Circle (rykel)

Personally, i don't think there is a need to mention Singapore in the
name. After all, i think everyone, to some extent, will associate
themselves (whether negatively or positively) with "kiasu". Thus it is
still the best candidate for the name.

Keep the ideas flowing

Cheers

Rui Boon