[Ubuntu-SG] ubuntu.sg contains spam posts

Chew EK chewek at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 2 13:24:06 UTC 2008

Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 18:50:05 +0800
From: kohsuhaw at gmail.com
To: ubuntu-sg at lists.ubuntu.com
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-SG] ubuntu.sg contains spam posts

2008/6/2 Rui Boon <ruiboon at gmail.com>:

Chew EK wrote:

> Judging from the number of posts I have read here, I would say active

> members you can count with your fingers.  But if we got something

> interesting going, maybe they will come out of the woodwork, like I

> did now :-).

Sad to say but i guess that is the Singaporean's mentality,

if-it-does-not-concern-you-leave-it-alone. Do prove me wrong. I will be

more than happy

The key here is probably what Chew EK wrote: "... if we got something interesting going ..."

Oftentimes, it feels a chicken-and-egg conundrum: Something interesting will get people out of the woodwork and you need people to get out of the woodwork in order to get something interesting.

To break out of this Catch-22, can somebody propose something interesting to get people out of the woodwork and then we can all contribute towards the something-interesting project ?

Cheers.

suhaw
--
________________________
Koh Su Haw 许树浩

Have to agree.  Just thinking about "thinking about something interest", I'm already thinking "Aiyah! So mah huan!"
But I started it, so I guess have to think very hard about it now.   Teach me for being keh kiang.

Anyways, to date, the suggested names are:
Kiasu (chew)
Singapore Happenings (rykel)
Singapore Circle (rykel)

Keep it coming folks.