[Ubuntu-SG] Ubuntu Users in Singapore

Rykel™ (Aen™) rykel98 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 03:11:45 BST 2008

Guys,

May I add my 2 cents to this conversation?

If we try to sell the merits of Clouding and we show people how far Google
Docs (or even Adobe Docs) has come, they are more likely to try it out -
although they will still go back to MS Office simply because it has a more
familiar interface.

As for AbiWord, I supported it for a long time due to the fact that I am an
Autopackage evangelist and ABiWord releases an autopackage version of their
software back then, but I can tell you, it was always sitting on my harddisk
as an ornament.

The worse problem with Abiword was within itself... the file format that it
saves to can lose document formatting or even data when it is reopened in
Abiword the next time. I can no longer remember the details, but it was
along that line...

btw, for those of you who are interested, I have run EeeXubuntu, Ubuntu
Hardy, Eeebuntu Hardy, Mandriva, EeePCLinuxOS and Compiz, Netbook Remix etc.
on my EeePC 4G... the slimmest of them all would be EeePCLinuxOS (they use
disk compression) BUT the most user-friendly and where at least 90% of
hardware works - Eeebuntu.

If you need help or have specific questions about Linux on EeePC, just ask
me, I might have some answers.

Best Regards,

Rykel™
+65 8400 2102 (Singapore)
+6 013 4008749 (Malaysia)
+84 93 2643369 (Vietnam)
+1 319 2642124 (USA)
+44 793 7025318 (UK)
http://www.jaxtr.com/rykel98

AIM: aenrykel | ICQ: 22768140
Delicious, eBay, GTalk, Gizmo5, Meebo, MSN, Yahoo, Skype, Twitter: rykel98

AenGlobal™
We Create Leaders™
www.AenGlobal.info