[Ubuntu-SG] Ubuntu USB Persistent Question

John Thng johnthng83 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 18:10:16 UTC 2008

I just saw a post in
http://www.pendrivelinux.com/2008/07/30/all-in-one-pendrivelinux-2008/
It's a week old news.

One thing that caught my eye is the statement below.

"Moreover, the user can save installed software, changes, bookmarks, email,
contacts and more automatically via a persistent loop image and
then*restore those changes upon subsequent qemu or native boots
*. This is a major breakthrough as the user can now run Pendrivelinux 2008
from a USB device even if the computer cannot natively boot from USB and *still
save changes persistently to be restored regardless of whether booting
natively or from qemu*."

Any idea if Ubuntu can be used?
I know single boot restore can. Single Qemu can. But integrated save and
restore, is there a guide yet?
It'll be great, if I can use my usb flash ubuntu in those windows computers
that cannot boot from usb due to hardware or admin settings, and then use
usb flash ubuntu back in my computer, which I boot from usb, with the same
setting.

Best Regards
John