[Ubuntu-SG] Ubuntu Users in Singapore

Rykel™ (Aen™) rykel98 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 13:12:06 UTC 2008

Pals,

Another angle to consider is that none of the Linux companies or users
is bringing as much tax revenues to our country as Microsoft. Someone
correct me if I am wrong.

And to reinforce an earlier post on this thread, gamers are aplenty in
Singapore and no way are they going to play tournaments on Cedega, to
my knowledge.

Btw does anyone need a Linux salesperson or trainer? I can offer my
time to help since there seems to be a lack of these...

Enjoy!

On 8/6/08, Chew EK <chew4097 at gmail.com> wrote:
> To add to the discussion, I have three noteworthy experiences to share:
>
> 1. I recently bought an Asus eeePC.  I already researched the eeePC's
> Xandros OS, and have decided to replace it with Ubuntu.  But before
> purchase, I wanted to see how knowledgeable the sales person was about
> Linux.  It came as no surprise that I was dissappointed about her lack of
> knowledge.  In fact, while talking to the sales person, I noticed other
> browsing customers were more interested in the Windows version.
>
> 2. I recently tried to edit a document in OpenOffice.  It was an old MS Word
> file, and I no longer have Windows and MSOffice installed in anything.
> Importing the document into OO resulted in a mess.  In the end, I resorted
> to re-typing the entire document in native OO format (odt file).  Then, I
> hit on another problem.  I couldn't send the odt file to anyone else.  I
> have to send a converted pdf instead.  But some of the recipients need a MS
> doc file, so I save a doc copy and send that.  Unfortunately, opening the
> doc in MSOffice showed some differences in formatting.  I have to borrow a
> friend's PC, and after many trial and errors, I finally got the odt and doc
> to be exactly the same.
>
> 3. A while back, I started this social group in ubuntuforums: Kiasu Ubuntu
> Users <http://ubuntuforums.org/group.php?groupid=167>.  Looking at the
> posts, you can see I am mainly talking to myself over there, lol.
>
> --
> Gmail/Googletalk: chew4097 at gmail.com
> MSN: chewek at hotmail.com

Best Regards,

Rykel™

+1 319 2642124 (USA)
+44 793 7025318 (UK)
+65 8288 8049 (Singapore)
+6 013 4008749 (Malaysia)
+84 93 2643369 (Vietnam)
http://www.jaxtr.com/rykel98

AIM: aenrykel | ICQ: 22768140
Delicious, eBay, GTalk, Gizmo5, Meebo, MSN, Yahoo, Skype, Twitter: rykel98

AenGlobal™
We Create Leaders™
www.AenGlobal.info