[Ubuntu-SG] Update on the mailing list. Great News!!!

Maung Myat Thu @ Billy Aung Myint billy at ubuntu.sg
Sat Apr 28 15:29:37 UTC 2007

On Saturday 28 April 2007 19:18, Harris Ngan wrote:
> Congrats. I think Ubuntu has been a fast growing distro and thus it makes
> very much sense people will join us quicker than LUGS. We do have a very
> important advertisement. That's the link from the ubuntu main site. I guess
> that's where most people pick up our site.I was suddenly having an idea
> about promoting Ubuntu. In NUS/NTU/SMU or wherever, there are always
> freshman fair where societies are looking for freebies. It is May and maybe
> we can actually request say some copies of Ubuntu CD to be placed in these
> freebie bags, esp to the computer societies/science societies etc?What do
> you think?

Nice idea but hard to do. If this is possible , fedora and opensuse would have
done it before ubuntu. There is OpenSource Day or Linux Day in schools though
but this year event is over so we just have to wait. Also how do we get
Ubuntu CDs to get into the bags or to students? Does anyone work in
NUS/NTU/SMU ?

regards
billy