Monday Triage Report

Athos Ribeiro athos.ribeiro at canonical.com
Mon Nov 27 21:06:05 UTC 2023

Bugs last updated between 2023-11-24 (Friday) and 2023-11-26 (Sunday) inclusive
Date range identified as: "Monday triage"

https://pad.lv/1908331 | qemu | Regression: qemu-user-static binaries are dynamically linked
   Although this has been closed for a while, there is a new (interesting)
   comment/question from Michael Tokarev regarding the purpose of the fix.
   I fetched the debs from hirsute and groovy to check the fix, and, from a
   noble machine, I could not reproduce Christian's reported output from back
   then. Was this indeed an issue with the "file" program's output?
   According to the original bug report, ldd and readelf should show that the
   old binaries from qemu-user-static (before the fix was introduced) to be
   linked with glibc, but that was not the case.
   I tagged this one as server-triage-discuss so we can re-visit the issue and
   provide an answer to Michael.

https://pad.lv/2043983 | ethtool | ethtool module info only reports hex info |
   The user provided the information requested by Lucas. I moved this to triaged
   and added a server-todo tag. There is an upstream fix linked in the bug, but
   we may want to wait a couple weeks to ensure a proper fix is merged upstream
   before backporting the fix.

https://pad.lv/2044135 | asterisk | asterisk-modules does not replace asterisk-opus |
   I found a similar bug in Debian with a patch. I updated the LP bug, pinged
   the Debian one and subscribed the team.

Bugs not touched in 60 days

https://pad.lv/2024019 | nginx | Add GCC atomic support (-moutline-atomics) for arm64 on Foc… |
   There is an update pending here acording to comment #4. I added a
   server-triage-discuss tag here so we can understand what is going in with
   this one and hopefully provide an update.

Desktop-like FDE in Ubunt… [Nazar Mokrynskyi] (https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/40349)
└─ +101356 [Nazar Mokrynskyi, 2023-11-26] (https://discourse.ubuntu.com/t/40349/4)
   The topic/discussion is a feature request. This was already raised in a past
   triage report. I am unsure if the topic need a resply from our end, Julian
   has already provided a first reply there.

--
Athos Ribeiro