Friday + Monday Bug Triage Report

Lena Voytek lena.voytek at canonical.com
Mon May 16 18:19:25 UTC 2022

Bugs last updated between 2022-05-12 (Thursday) and 2022-05-15 (Sunday)
inclusive
Found 35 bugs

The notable bugs were:

LP: #1957104 <http://pad.lv/1957104> - openssh - updating openssh-server
fails, because port 22 is in use by systemd
Asked the user for clarification on if the bug has been fixed for them.

LP: #1971509 <http://pad.lv/1971509> - qemu - qemu/kvm win10 client cannot
upgrade to win11
Continued to offer possible solutions to the user's secure boot issue.

LP: #1971932 <http://pad.lv/1971932> - rsync - error in rsync protocol data
stream
Attempted to reproduce the issue by transferring a large file over ssh on
localhost but it did not fail. Asked the user if they can transfer their
file over localhost

LP: #1973137 <http://pad.lv/1973137> - openldap - ldap_do_free_request:
Assertion `lr->lr_refcnt == 1' failed
Asked the user if the error appears consistently. Not sure how to go about
reproducing this one though.

LP: #1973217 <http://pad.lv/1973217> - openssh - package openssh-server
1:8.2p1-4ubuntu0.5 failed to install...
Asked the user if they were able to update afterward since they said it may
be an issue with having multiple update-manager instances running.

LP: #1973224 <http://pad.lv/1973224> - mysql-8.0 - package mysql-server-8.0
8.0.29-0ubuntu0.22.04.2 failed to install...
This ended up being a duplicate of the current issue I'm working on.
However, this does confirm that it can show up in Jammy too.

LP: #1973308 <http://pad.lv/1973308> - mysql-8.0 - mariadb install causes
mysql install to fail with ibdata1 locked
This issue seems to be due to mariadb being installed, blocking off the
lock file needed by mysql. I let the user know that they can't have both
installed.

Found 9 bugs not touched in 60 days:

LP: #1897545 <http://pad.lv/1897545> - bind9 - Bind9: man file for rndc
utility mentions wrong config file
Fixed in Jammy and Kinetic

All others are fine as is.

Found 1 bug not touched in 180 days

LP: #1891785 <http://pad.lv/1891785> - tmux - choose-w misaligned
(regression)
Marked Hirsute as won't fix. Otherwise fine