Triage report for: 2022-03-18 -> 2022-03-20

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Mar 21 14:07:18 UTC 2022

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 2:59 PM Paride Legovini <paride at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Bugs last updated between 2022-03-18 (Friday) and 2022-03-20
> Date range identified as: "Monday triage"
> Found 21 bugs
>
> Quite some triage work to do on this weekend's bugs; as few of them are
> worth mentioning here:
>
> LP: #1712223 -      Confirmed     [open-vm-tools]     - open-vm-tools
> does not work under wayland
>
> New activity on this old bug about open-vm-tools misbehaving on wayland.
> It is not entirely clear to me what's wrong, so I asked for more info.
> Back in 2017 this was triaged with Importance: High.

It seems our triaged raced here, yours is fine.
In addition I also pulled in Desktop (by adding wayland bug task) and
vmware (by subscribing an engineer of open-vm-tools).

> ---
>
> LP: #1909822 -      New           [bind9]             - named fails to
> listen dynamic ipv6 address on startup
>
> (Which also mentions LP: #1909822 that we forgot to triage.)
>
> I consider this from a more generic point of view: AFAIK we miss a
> general and reliable way to determine when network in ready (or "ready
> enough") to start services that rely on network being ready.
>
> Some users are working around this via things like:
>
>   ExecStartPre=/bin/sleep 10
>
> I think there's room of improvement here, and there may be tricks I'm
> not aware of, so I marked this server-triage-discuss.
>
> ---
>
> LP: #1965523 -      New           [libvirt]           - Server Team
> Backports PPA: latest upgrades to libvirt shuts down domains without
> restarting them
>
> Bug report against the server-backports PPA. This is LP: #1959054 biting
> again, this time via focal-backports. I filed a BPO request for
> debhelper (LP: #1965758), while Christian is uploading a workaround to
> the server-backports PPA.
>
> ---
>
> LP: #1965675 -      New           [qemu]              - qemu-system
> looses network connectivity even at low loads
>
> I'm impressed by the number of guests this user tested. In any case I
> doubt the culprit is qemu. Asked for more info and marked incomplete.

Thanks, not only qemu it also it didn't sound ubuntu specific in a quick read.
Those issues are always complex, after all you can drop network
packets due to overload even without virtualization.

> ---
>
> Bugs subscribed to ubuntu-server and not touched in 180 days:
>
> ---
>
> LP: #1872145 -      Triaged       [openssh]           - explicit key
> offered after all agent keys, auth can fail before explicit key used
>
> Leaving it Wishlist (waiting for upstream), but I suggested a couple of
> workarounds, one being OpenSSH 8.9 "destination constraints" for keys
> loaded into ssh-agent, see ssh-add(1).
>
> Paride

Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server