Wednesday bug triage report (2022-06-14)

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Wed Jun 15 20:37:18 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jun 15, 2022 at 04:50:58PM -0300, Athos Ribeiro wrote:
> Bugs last updated on 2022-06-14 (Tuesday)
> Date range identified as: "Wednesday triage"
> Found 30 bugs
> https://pad.lv/1975739 - (New)            [php8.1]            - package libapache2-mod-php8.1 8.1.2-1ubuntu2 failed to inst…
>   At first I was worried this could be some corner case for the php upgrade
>   path delta. However, it seems that the user have manually edited the
>   configuration files for libapache2-mod-php8.1 under /etc/apache2, removed
>   libapache2-mod-php8.1, then purged apache2 and manually removed /etc/apache2.
>   Leading to configuration issues when re-installing libapache2-mod-php8.1. I
>   asked for more information to confirm this was the case and set this as
>   incomplete.

Yeah seems plausible.

> https://pad.lv/1977718 - (New)            [nginx]             - buffer overflow in nginx rtmp module
>   This is proposing to include a fix to the rtmp module, which was released in
>   the module's upstream 1.2.2 version. This version was included in Debian in
>   nginx 1.18.0-7. Therefore, this will be addressed by the next merge, which is
>   already ready for review. While there seems to be no CVE referring to it, the
>   security team seems to be on top of it. Therefore, I was unsure whether we
>   should touch the bug.

If jammy's nginx is unaffected, then yeah you can dupe this to LP: #1971297

Else if jammy is affected, then we need either a CVE like security said
(and we leave it to them), or we need steps to reproduce so we can try
doing an SRU.

Either way, I think normal triaging can be done on it, we don't have to
wait for security; they'll make it clear if they're going to handle it.

Bryce