Monday Triage report (for: 2022-02-14)

Lena Voytek lena.voytek at canonical.com
Mon Feb 14 22:52:54 UTC 2022

On Mon, Feb 14, 2022 at 3:32 PM Bryce Harrington <
bryce.harrington at canonical.com> wrote:

> Found 17 bugs.  Ones of note:
>
> LP: #1831441 - *(Triaged)       [samba]             - Please add
> WS-Discovery ( WSD ) support for Windows Samba s…
>   - A possible fix via addition of new package 'wsdd' has been packaged
>     and submitted to Debian New.  It's awaiting processing.
>   - I've uploaded it to a PPA to check it'll build on LP.
>   - Reporter wishes for it to be in main for 22.04, but getting a MIR
>     through in time seems ambitious.
>
> LP: #1946841 - (Incomplete)     [amavisd-new]       - Merge amavisd-new
> from Debian unstable for 22.04
>   - There's a version in Debian now.
>   - Changed status to 'New'
>
> LP: #1958720 - (Confirmed)      [six]               - python3-yaml and
> python3-six are not co-installable with py…
>   - Patch on a plate (x2), however the fix is to remove Breaks to permit
>     an obsolete package to remain present on an upgraded system.  I
>     think this warrants a bit more discussion, so tagged
>     'server-triage-discuss'
>
> LP: #1960754 - (New)            [samba]             - gencache_init:
> Failed to create directory: /var/www/.cache/…
>   - Should have already been fixed in a security update from last
>     November.  Asked user to verify what version they saw the issue, and
>     if they've updated to current if the issue is resolved.
>
> LP: #1960088 - (New)            [libapache2-mod-…]  - a) collections has
> no attribute callable; b) PY_SSIZE_T_CLE…
>

> #########################
> ### MySql Apport Bugs ###
> #########################
>
> LP: #1960739 - (New)            [mysql-8.0]         - package
> mysql-server-8.0 8.0.28-0ubuntu0.20.04.3 failed to …
>   - Looks like the user has upgraded since 13.10 and has a config
>     setting that has become obsolete.  Lena, do you already have a bug
>     report for collecting obsolete config values that need to be better
>     filtered out or converted?  Sounds like query_cache_limit and
>     expire-logs-days should be added to that list maybe?

The triage for this bug looks good to me. Looking into query_cache_limit
shows that it was deprecated as of MySQL 5.7.20, and removed altogether in
MySQL 8.0. So it seems like this is just a case of the configuration
breaking with an upgrade to focal and mysql 8.0. I don't have any other
bugs like it yet, but I'll keep it noted down in case similar ones pop up.