Bug triage report for 2020-03-01 (Monday triage)

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Mar 1 12:22:33 UTC 2021

Bugs last updated between 2021-02-26 (Friday) and 2021-02-28 (Sunday)
inclusive
Date range identified as: "Monday triage"

There was quite a bit of bug noise due to Launchpad's Debian BTS tracker
seemingly coming alive after some inactivity. No significant bugs to
mention, except that I thought I'd share these ones which I found
interesting:

LP: #1161012 - (Expired)        [clamav]         - Clamav package adds
proxy to config on install and update

Excellent analysis provided by a contributor which demonstrates that
thsi is a bug in update-manager. Added an update-manager task. The
mechanics of the bug are quite interesting: update-manager sets
http(s)_proxy from apt proxy settings for (presumably) its own purposes;
these leak through to the clamav maintainer script which then assumes
that it'll work for other URLs and not just for apt.

LP: #1915959 - *(Fix Released)  [libapache2-mod-perl2] - Crashes with
SIGSEGV due to undefined behaviour when calling perl_parse

This was a request for a backport of an existing crash fix to Focal. I
added a task and tagged server-next and bitesize.

LP: #1917157 - (New)            [run-one]        - run-this-one is very
slow

This seemed important if true, so I set triage aside to do some further
investigation into this. Conclusion: it affects only run-this-one and
not pgrep as suggested, so I concluded it is of low importance. However
the pgrep bug seems valid with a patch available, so I tagged it for
investigation by the Foundations team (as they look after this package).

LP: #1917170 - (New)            [openvpn]        - Update the package to
look for configuration files in /etc/openvpn/client instead of
/etc/openvpn

I don't think this is appropriate to introduce an Ubuntu delta over, so
I marked it Won't Fix with an explanation.

LP: #702641  - (Confirmed)      [samba]          - samba.schema missing

I don't think this is appropriate to introduce an Ubuntu delta over, so
I marked it Invalid with an explanation.