dh-php 3.1

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Thu Jun 3 00:18:18 UTC 2021

Heya Ondřej,

Thanks again so much for advice on php-pcov, fwiw we found that php-pcov
was able to build and transition with dh-php 0.35.  We may revisit that
once the stack has more fully transitioned.

php-doctrine-cache is successfully transitioned now as well, there were
a bunch of packages blocked on that which then went in cleanly.

uwsgi, sassphp, and some other packages needed some updates for php8
(e.g. dropping TRSMLS_* macros).  Some of that is already reported
and/or fixed upstream; where not we've been trying to forward patches.

Currently we're stuck on a rather challenging circular build dependency
between php-twig and symfony (and other bits).  I've bootstrap built my
way up to symfony 5.0.2, which is sufficient to get php-twig to build,
but still working way up from 5.0.2 to 5.2.6 for symfony.  I know that's
not an area you've been directly involved in but if you have any advice
or tips it'd be much appreciated.

Bryce