Triage report (2020-12-24, 2020-12-31, 2021-01-04)

Paride Legovini paride.legovini at canonical.com
Mon Jan 4 14:39:31 UTC 2021

# 2020-12-24

Just one bug worth mentioning:

LP: #1826684 - (New) [containerd] - containerd is polling on a pselect
every 20,000 nanoseconds causing rapid system wakeup events Edit

Filed by colin-king, apparently containerd is wasting power by
generating too many wake events. I can't reproduce it in the very same
way it was reported, but I do think we have an issue here, likely to be
reported upstream, but some more work is needed to get a good reproducer.

# 2020-12-31

Only one bug required triage action:

LP: #1909682 - (New) [at] - At package doesn't include sendmail package
dependency

In Ubuntu we drop the default-mta Recommends the `at` Debian package has
to avoid installing detault-mta by default in Ubuntu Server. I explained
the user this is intentional.

I'm mentioning this mostly as a heads-up about the fact that `at` has
been dropped from the ubuntu-server seed and thus from the ubuntu-server
metapackage (currently in -proposed). Once it lands we'll consider
making `at` a sync, bringing back the Recommends: default-mta.

# 2021-01-04

LP: #1908638 - (New) [libpam-mount] - mounts to polydirs not working

Bug happens in uncommon scenario. There's an upstream MP fixing it (not
yet landed). Triaged with Importance: Low. The package is currently a
sync. I subscribed the team.

Paride