Triage report (2021-04-09)

Paride Legovini paride at ubuntu.com
Fri Apr 9 16:08:50 UTC 2021

Pair triage done with Utkarsh. Most of the bugs we looked at are already
in good hands or in their final state. There are however two bugs worth
mentioning:

[open-iscsi] iscsid fails to log out from target on shutdown
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/open-iscsi/+bug/1922976

I don't have a setup to reproduce this, but the bug is well researched
by the user. The package ships an Ubuntu-specific finalrd hook
(open-iscsi.finalrd) which however doesn't install libnss and a minimal
passwd in the finalrd, and this causes an unclean shutdown on system
running on an iSCSI root.

The user proposed a reasonable fix which we should probably integrate in
open-iscsi's iscsi.finalrd. The difficult part here is the verification,
as it requires an iSCSI root filesystem. I tagged this server-next as I
think it's actionable.

[haproxy] HAProxy 2.0.13 does not close connection even though
"connection: close" is sent, leaves many connections in CLOSE-WAIT state
for HEAD-method requests
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/haproxy/+bug/1919468

I've been able to reproduce the issue locally and to verify that it
doesn't happen with haproxy 2.0.21 from
https://launchpad.net/~vbernat/+archive/ubuntu/haproxy-2.0 (note:
~vbernat maintains haproxy in Debian and haproxy is currently a sync).
However I couldn't spot which upstream change could have fixed the
problem (more details in my comment).

I wonder if we should bisect or consider SRUing the latest haproxy 2.0.x
as a "new upstream microrelease", given that according to the changelog
upstream never lands new features in patch level releases [1].

Tagged server-triage-discuss.

Paride

[1] http://www.haproxy.org/download/2.0/src/CHANGELOG