boxfort migration issue

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Thu Sep 24 06:22:47 UTC 2020

Sergio, if I recall correctly, you mentioned Friday that you wanted to
get some experience with package removals for your core dev application?

In doing +1 maintenance I ran across a migration item where I think a
removal would be involved, so if you're interested you might take a
look.  Here's my notes:

* boxfort (0.0.0-git20200105-3e16c0a-6 to 0.0.0-git20200808-ac0507b-3)
  - missing build on armhf: libboxfort, libboxfort-dev
  - Two issues (I think...) from 0.0.0-git20200808-ac0507b-1
    + Debian limited architectures for libboxfort-dev from "any" to just
      "amd64 arm64 i386"
    + Debian stopped building libboxfort
  - libboxfort binary package needs to be removed from the archive
  - Possibly libboxfort-dev:armhf binary package needs some sort of
    attention (not sure)

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/ArchiveAdministration#Removals describes the
technicals of how to remove a package as an archive administer, but I
think what you'd need to do actually is file a bug against the package
in question and subscribe the ubuntu-archive team.  If you look at bug
reports that team is subscribed to you can probably find an example
removal request for inspiration.

If you do plan on taking it let me know, otherwise I'll try to tackle it
at some point tomorrow or Friday.

Bryce