Server Bug Triage - Friday 27th Nov 2020

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Mon Nov 30 20:23:45 UTC 2020

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 12:38:52PM +0100, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> Hi,
> I was checking 17 bugs today. A few needed minor help, but as usual
> most were under control already. Among those were three worth to
> mention:
>
> SSSD to switch from nss to openssh - in FOCAL
> => https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/1905790
> Andreas/Sergio/Robie need to have a discussion on SRUability of this
> change, it is super-well prepared by Marco already.
>
> SSSD i386 dependencies
> I subscribed the team to it as I think it is a valid case.
> But I do not see us working on it soon, so I subscribed us without
> tagging server-next.
> To some extent it seems Timo might intend to do that change, in that
> case all we have to do is track and see it happen.
> => https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/1904990
>
> PHP7.2 cookie_samesite
> Feedback shows that it potentially is way more important than we thought.
> I subscribed the team but would ask bryce to look at it in detail
> => https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php7.2/+bug/1905109

Thanks for flagging this.  I think we should have a better understanding
of the issue's impact before moving forward, so this is worth keeping in
the triage queue while we pull more information out.  We have patch(es)
identified but they're on the large side, so impact + test case
definition will be important to have in hand.

Bryce