ruby-defaults migration

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Wed Mar 11 01:50:25 UTC 2020

On Tue, Mar 10, 2020 at 05:52:12PM -0300, Lucas Kanashiro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Although we are making some good progress since last week regarding Ruby
> 2.7 transition (all the needed arch:any packages were rebuilt against Ruby
> 2.7 [1][2]), there is still some work to do to make ruby-defaults:1:2.7~0
> migrate from proposed to the release pocket. Below I'll add some notes I've
> taken so far about the ruby-defaults/1:2.7~0 regressions reported in the
> excuses page and I hope I can get some help to get all the items done:
>
> =====================================================================================================
> ## Patch review / Sync request
>
> * puma: Waiting for review/sponsor
>     - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/puma/+bug/1866881
>
> * ruby-awesome-print: Regression fixed in Debian
>     -
> https://tracker.debian.org/news/1108125/accepted-ruby-awesome-print-180-2-source-into-unstable/
>     - It'll need a sync from Debian when it is available in unstable
>
> =====================================================================================================
> ## Need autopkgtest triggers
>
> * facter: It is listed as a regression for facter/unknown
>     - facter/3.11.0-3ubuntu1 is passing

One issue is it looks to me like it ran against the right version of
boost on amd64, but not for the other archs.

Second issue is the error in the latest log sounds like maybe it needs
newer puppet:

puppet               FAIL stderr: /usr/lib/ruby/vendor_ruby/puppet/util.rb:461: warning: URI.escape is obsolete

I've retriggered this for all arch's, with the following triggers:

        ["ruby-defaults"]="1%3A2.7%7E0"
        ["facter"]="3.11.0-3ubuntu1"
        ["puppet"]="5.5.10-4ubuntu1"
        ["boost1.71"]="1.71.0-6ubuntu5"
	["perl"]="5.30.0-9build1"
	["leatherman"]="1.4.2%2Bdfsg-2ubuntu3"
        ["glibc"]="2.31-0ubuntu3"

TODO: Verify this run triggered here:

  http://autopkgtest.ubuntu.com/packages/f/facter/focal/amd64

> * gem2deb: A regression is reported on armhf for gem2deb/0.45
>     - The version 0.45 is too old and the regression is expected
>     - The version needed is 1.0.5, and autopkgtest passes against this
> version

I've retriggered the following packages with gem3deb 1.0.5:

    gem2deb
    glibc
    ruby-defaults
    rake
    reprotest

I didn't do build-essential, although that might need it too, not sure.

The exact triggers used for this one are:

        ["ruby-defaults"]="1%3A2.7%7E0"
        ["perl"]="5.30.0-9build1"
	["glibc"]="2.31-0ubuntu3"
	["gem2deb"]="1.0.5"

> * puppet-module-puppetlabs-concat: Need to trigger another autopkgtest run
>     - It passes locally with all-proposed=1

I retriggered this with:

        ["ruby-defaults"]="1%3A2.7%7E0"
        ["puppet"]="5.5.10-4ubuntu1"
        ["perl"]="5.30.0-9build1"

> * rails: It is listed as a regression for rails/unknown
>     - rails/2:5.2.3+dfsg-3 is passing

I retriggered the following packages with the newer rails and some other
stuff:

    rails
    bundler
    ruby-defaults
    ruby-byebug
    ruby-websocket-driver
    ruby-nio4r
    ruby-sqlite3
    ruby-concurrent
    puma
    ruby-listen
    ruby-sdoc
    ruby-bootsnap

Here's the triggers I used:

        ["ruby-defaults"]="1%3A2.7%7E0"
        ["rails"]="2:5.2.3%2Bdfsg-3"
        ["gem2deb"]="1.0.5"
	["ruby-listen"]="3.1.5-2"
	["puma"]="3.12.4-1"
        ["ruby-bootsnap"]="1.3.0-1ubuntu1"

> * ruby-gnome: Need to trigger another autopkgtest run
>     - According to excuses page autopkgtest was executed against version
> 3.4.1-2 but the correct version is 3.4.1-2build1
>
> * ruby-json-scheme: Need to trigger another autopkgtest run
>     - According to excuses page autopkgtest was executed against version
> 2.8.1-1 but the correct version is 2.8.1-2
>
> * ruby-listen: Need to trigger another autopkgtest run
>     - According to excuses page autopkgtest was executed against version
> 3.1.5-1 but the correct version is 3.1.5-2
>
> * ruby-minitest-reporters: Need to trigger another autopkgtest run
>     - It passes locally with all-proposed=1

I've retriggered those four packages:

    ruby-gnome
    ruby-json-schema
    ruby-listen
    ruby-minitest-reporters

each, with:

        ["ruby-defaults"]="1%3A2.7%7E0"
        ["rails"]="2:5.2.3%2Bdfsg-3"

They probably don't need rails but I threw it in for fun.  If they don't
pass, then it's likely they need some additional package included.

Bryce