ubuntu-helpers: New script "enable-proposed"

Simon Quigley tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 22 13:57:05 UTC 2020

Hello,

On 7/22/20 8:22 AM, Dan Streetman wrote:
> Since it's related to this topic, the add-apt-repository in this ppa
> has support for adding/enabling deb-src and arbitrary pockets as well
> as private ppas and more:
> https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-support-team/+archive/ubuntu/add-apt-repository
>
> I need to find some time to push the changes into the upstream repo.
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-support-team/software-properties/+git/software-properties/+ref/devel

Merged, here you go:
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/software-properties/0.99.0

(We're still a little bit away from Feature Freeze and we just released
an LTS. Now is the time to test major updates to software.)

On 7/21/20 8:37 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:> I've also added an
'enable-proposed' script, similar to enable-debsrc,
> which adds DIST-proposed entries (deb and deb-src) for components
> currently enabled.  IOW, if you don't have
> universe/restricted/multiverse components enabled for anything, it won't
> add them for -proposed, but if you do, it will.
>
> The script also strives to use the same archive URI you are using for
> the main component, so if you're using a mirror it will also pull
> -proposed from that mirror too.
>
> https://git.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-server/ubuntu-helpers/tree/bryce/enable-proposed

Thanks for your work here! How much of this is now in Groovy with the
above changes, and what can be merged into software-properties?

Thanks Dan and Bryce, this definitely makes things a lot easier.

--
Simon Quigley
tsimonq2 at ubuntu.com
tsimonq2 on freenode and OFTC