Triage and Proposed Migration duty

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Mon Jan 13 08:35:35 UTC 2020

On Fri, Jan 10, 2020 at 9:11 AM Christian Ehrhardt <
christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com> wrote:

> # Bug Triage
>
> One can see that now everyone is back, reasonable counts again for a
> Friday :-)
> Bugs last updated on 2020-01-09 (Thursday): Found 13 bugs
>

> Worth to mention:
> - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssh/+bug/1859013
>   Per an internal discussion (thanks xnox & Steve!)
>    - we should badtest it for all releases, as this is simply documenting
> the
>      status quo that the autopkgtests have regressed in -updates and
> should not
>      block.
>    - For the test-only fix per
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates#Staging_an_upload
>      it is appropriate to upload openssh to -proposed for all effective
> releases, using
>      the block-proposed-$series tags.
>    For now I subscribed the Team.
>    @xnox - just to be sure in which field the ball is on this - will you
> drive this further?
>
> - https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openssl/+bug/1858971
>   Change in SECLEVEL=2 & tls1.2-min
>   Among other things this seems to affect a few ruby bits.
>   @Lucas - do you think you could take a look when you look at ruby anyway?
>            Sync with xnox as he might already have something for it by
> then.
>
> # Proposed migration
>
> - dpdk blocking elfutils, systemd
>   - Formerly appeared as dkms issue, now partially has odd dependencies
> mixing
>     19.11 and 18.11.
>   - That will eventually be resolved by the dpdk 19.11 in proposed once
> available for testing.
>     But unfortunately the build infra decided to get stuck on this so it
> might take a few more days.

I found that all binaries built by src:dpdk got added to main in focal when
passing new queue.
Now there are a lot listed as "Binary only movements to universe" in [1],
three types are there:
a) ...20.0 - new stable libraries, but for uncommon cases or HW
b) ...0.200 - new experimental libraries
c) ...18.11 - binaries of the older source

a)+b) we want demoted to universe - only then can the tests start which are
currently blocked on "unsatisfiable depends"

c) is there because the dependencies pulling things into main now point to
the newer 20.0 versions, but those 18.11 binary packages will eventually be
removed once the new version is migrated. So it is ok, but not important to
demote them now.

This needs an archive admin to do the demotion, I pinged in ubuntu-release
but will also set the AA email to CC here.
Thanks in advance to the AAs!

[1]:
https://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-archive/component-mismatches-proposed.html