Triage and Migration report - Feb 3 and 5, 2020
bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Thu Feb 6 01:25:26 UTC 2020
There were quite a few bugs on the Monday rotation, which took a while
to get through. Below combines Monday's bug triaging with Wednesday's
(which wasn't much).
- Several bugs still waiting on SRU processing: #1795420, #1831773,
#1844173, #1854841. What to do?
- QEMU "sticky keys" bug #1859545 is worked-around. Can it be closed?
== Proposed Migration ==
I picked SpamAssassin to work on, just a simple py2/3 change for its
autopkgtest. MP for the fix will be posted soon.
== Bug Triage ==
LP: #1859545 - (Incomplete) [qemu] - Sticky keys repeat indefinitely unless if pressed again
* it really sounds like this is not a qemu bug, but components further
down the stack. But not sure where to send it.
--> Asked if disabling autocomplete helped
--> Set to incomplete
LP: #1860315 - (Confirmed) [postfix] - Default installation should be Local Only
* kiko and scottk are arguing it out, I'm not sure there's more to be
said constructively than Robie already has done.
LP: #1861316 - (New) [samba] - ubuntu 20.04: libnss-winbind:386 should remain
* slangasek's feedback sounds like it's confirming the request from the
bug report, so gathering this is something we would need to do
--> Triaged, added to 'server-next'
LP: #1861471 - (New) [mysql-8.0] - package mysql-server-8.0 8.0.19-0ubuntu0.19.10.3 failed to install/upgrade: installed mysql-server-8.0 package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
* Sounds like this may be a commonly encountered AppArmor configuration issue.
--> Dupe of 1861323
LP: #1861472 - (New) [openssh] - upgrade from fresh bionic to focal needlessly prompts user
LP: #1861534 - (New) [spamassassin] - Spamassassin needs updated to 3.4.4 to reflect security fixes
* 3.4.4-1 is in focal-proposed
* Security team will presumably handle this
--> Subscribed ubuntu-security
--> Triaged, targeted to all currently supported ubuntu series
LP: #1861555 - (New) [byobu] - Move window behaviour is broken because of a change in tmux
* Patch on a plate, but probably will be done upstream
--> Triaged, Tagged 'bitesize', Medium priority
LP: #1861615 - (New) [openldap] - package libldap-2.4-2:amd64 2.4.45+dfsg-1ubuntu1.4 failed to install/upgrade: package is in a very bad inconsistent state; you should reinstall it before attempting configuration
* Something went wrong in the past, but logs are too recent to show what
that was. Might be local config.
--> Incomplete, suggested remove/reinstall.
LP: #1859545 - (New) [qemu] - Sticky keys repeat indefinitely unless if pressed again
* I think there's nothing we can do here, but at least reporter has a
--> Triaged / Low
LP: #1857755 - (New) [mysql-8.0] - package mysql-server 8.0.18-0ubuntu0.19.10.1 failed to install/upgrade: SSL_CTX_set_default_verify_paths failed
Bugs tagged 'server-next' and not touched in 60 days
Found 4 bugs
LP: #1795420 - (Triaged) [keepalived] - [SRU] Keepalived update from 1.2.19 to 1.2.24 breaks support for /dev/tcp health check
LP: #1831773 - (Triaged) [mysql-5.7] - High CPU usage, MySQL process got stuck on SHOW SESSION VARIABLES LIKE 'FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS'
LP: #1844173 - (Triaged) [sssd] - libwbclient-sssd package installation does not re-create expected symlink to libwbclient.so.0
LP: #1854841 - (Triaged) [containerd] - [SRU] Update to containerd 1.3.1
LP: #1773529 - (Triaged) [exim4] - [SRU] Missing DKIM fixes in Xenial (Exim 4.86)
* All of these are SRUs that haven't gotten attention. Not sure what
triager action to take on them. Leaving them be for now...
Bugs in backlog and not touched in 180 days
Found 1 bugs
LP: #1629839 - (Triaged) [psmisc] - pstree reports /proc/xxxx: No such file or directory
* Original reporter no longer affected, only one other known affected
--> Incomplete, asked for confirmation from other affected person
More information about the ubuntu-server