Merge Opportunities Report - 2020-08-10

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Aug 12 05:35:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, Aug 10, 2020 at 5:50 PM Bryce Harrington <
bryce.harrington at canonical.com> wrote:

> New Version in Debian Unstable

> high  nut                       2.7.4-12                  2.7.4-11ubuntu4
>
> high  squid                     4.12-1                    4.11-5ubuntu3
>
> high  tftp-hpa                  5.2+20150808-1.1
> 5.2+20150808-1ubuntu4
> low   autofs                    5.1.6-3                   5.1.6-2ubuntu1
>
> low   dnsmasq                   2.82-1                    2.81-4build1
>
> low   exim4                     4.94-7                    4.94-2ubuntu1
>
> low   libvirt                   6.5.0-1                   6.0.0-0ubuntu11

Already on 6.6 together with upstream and the Debian maintainers.

> low   nginx                     1.18.0-5                  1.18.0-3ubuntu2
>
> low   nss                       2:3.55-1
> 2:3.53.1-1ubuntu1
> low   python-django             2:2.2.15-1
> 2:2.2.12-1ubuntu1
> low   qemu                      1:5.0-14                  1:5.0-5ubuntu4
>
> low   rabbitmq-server           3.8.5-1                   3.8.3-0ubuntu1
>
> low   rsync                     3.2.3-1                   3.2.2-2ubuntu1
>
> low   runc                      1.0.0~rc10+dfsg2-1
> 1.0.0~rc10-0ubuntu1
> low   ssh-import-id             5.10-1                    5.10-0ubuntu1
>

> New Version in Experimental

> high  spamassassin              4.0.0~0.0svn1879217-2     3.4.5~pre1-3
>
> high  tmux                      3.2~rc2-1                 3.1b-1
>
> low   containerd                1.4.0~beta2~ds1-1         1.3.6-0ubuntu1
>
> low   haproxy                   2.2.2-1                   2.0.17-1
>
> low   http-parser               2.9.3-1                   2.9.2-2
>

> New Upstream not in Debian

> high  at                        UNKNOWN                   3.1.23-1ubuntu2
>
> high  bcache-tools              UNKNOWN                   1.0.8-4ubuntu1
>
> high  checksecurity             UNKNOWN
>  2.0.16+nmu1ubuntu1
> high  drbd-utils                UNKNOWN                   9.11.0-1build1
>
> high  libapache2-mod-auth-plain UNKNOWN                   2.0.52
>
> high  logwatch                  7.5.4/logwatch-7.5.4      7.5.4-0ubuntu1
>
> high  numactl                   2.0.13                    2.0.12-1build1
>
> high  procmail                  UNKNOWN                   3.22-26
>
> high  setserial                 UNKNOWN                   2.17-52
>
> high  sysstat                   12.4.0                    12.3.3-1
>
> high  wakeonlan                 UNKNOWN                   0.41-12
>
> high  whois                     UNKNOWN                   5.5.6
>
> (Low priority upstream releases skipped)
>
> high == Packages seeded for Ubuntu-Server
> low == Non-seeded packages Server team is subscribed to
>

> Merges last authored or uploaded by Server team member or alumnus (via
> Merge-o-Matic)

Hi Bryce,
I like this to not forget re-merging one-off fixes - it also reminds us
about history we might otherwise forget.
Thanks, but one question - could we get this list of "Server Team member or
alumnus - OpenStack Team members" ?
Due to history they are in our list still, but everything below I see James
or Cory listed has no reason to be in our list.

Furthermore if an entry below was already present above it has no purpose
listing it again with fewer info.
E.g. exim4 info above is better than the one below.

Shortening the list that way would increase the chance we will spot what we
should see :-)

> [...]
> python-pbr                          Corey Bryant
> ppp                                 Marc Deslauriers
> php7.4                              Leonidas S. Barbosa
>  Marc Deslauriers
> websockify                          James Page
> python-pypowervm                    Corey Bryant
> python-os-client-config             Corey Bryant
> python-microversion-parse           Corey Bryant
> python-keystonemiddleware           Corey Bryant
> python-django-debreach              Sahid Orentino Ferdjaoui
> James Page
> python-designateclient              Corey Bryant
> python-debtcollector                Corey Bryant
> migrate                             Corey Bryant
> python-pyscss                       Corey Bryant
> python-django                       Marc Deslauriers
> iptables                            Jamie Strandboge
> python-os-brick                     Chris MacNaughton
>  Corey Bryant
> exim4                               Bryce Harrington
> autofs                              Rafael David Tinoco
> nginx                               Bryce Harrington
> neutron-fwaas                       Corey Bryant
> python-swiftclient                  Chris MacNaughton
>  Corey Bryant
> multipath-tools                     Rafael David Tinoco
> nss                                 Sergio Durigan Junior
>  Rafael David Tinoco
> apache2                             Andreas Hasenack
> python-glareclient                  James Page
> python-congressclient               James Page
> gnocchi                             James Page
> zaqar-ui                            Corey Bryant
> ironic-ui                           Corey Bryant
> libpam-ccreds                       Andreas Hasenack
> kannel                              Andreas Hasenack
> libembperl-perl                     Adam Conrad
> nbdkit                              Rafael David Tinoco
> gearmand                            Andreas Hasenack
> php-league-commonmark               Bryce Harrington
> isc-kea                             Andreas Hasenack
> xapian-bindings                     Rafael David Tinoco
> cacti                               Bryce Harrington
> wordpress                           Marc Deslauriers
> python-sqlalchemy-utils             Sahid Orentino Ferdjaoui
> Corey Bryant
> python-django-formtools             Corey Bryant
> tempest                             James Page
> murano-dashboard                    Corey Bryant
> vagrant                             Lucas Kanashiro
>  Bryce Harrington
> php-parser                          Bryce Harrington
> vitrage                             Corey Bryant
> golang-go.uber-zap                  Andreas Hasenack
> fish                                Andreas Hasenack
> argus-clients                       Andreas Hasenack
> redland-bindings                    Rafael David Tinoco
> python-edgegrid                     Corey Bryant

Christian Ehrhardt
Staff Engineer, Ubuntu Server
Canonical Ltd