Triage and Migration duty - Friday the 3rd of APril

Bryce Harrington bryce.harrington at canonical.com
Fri Apr 3 16:30:38 UTC 2020

On Fri, Apr 03, 2020 at 10:05:50AM +0200, Christian Ehrhardt wrote:
> # Triage #
>
> I got 24 bugs, of which as usual the majority were already under
> control. A few needed minor status tweaks or quick triage.
> The following two are worth to mention.
>
> 1773324 rabbitmq-server
> An issue that is not too bad, but also not too hard to fix. This was
> in discussion for a while about how exactly to fix it and now accepted
> in Debian. Would be a candiate to push a focal fix now and consider
> SRUs later.
> Bryce is still assigned to it so I guess he'll do that small change later on.

Thanks for the head's up, I'll move this up in my priorities.

> ## PHP
>
> Finally php-defaults 75 (that still is php-7.4 don't be confused by
> the version).
> => https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/php-defaults/75
> All builds and tests are good, that is the removal of php-recode which
> bryce was workign on already - so it should be mostly a no-op for us.

Yep, all our changes got taken upstream by Debian, so this has returned
to being a sync.

I suppose we'll want to keep an eye on this that we don't accidentally
sync in php 8.0 or something, but that's a ways down the road.

> It is listed as "not considered" though but at the same time it is not
> showing up in update_output.txt. Either it is migrating right as I
> look at it or more likely just blocked by the beta freeze. I think we
> can just wait for that one, it does not seem to need work from us
> atm.

Looks like it finished migrating ok.

Bryce