Triage report for 2019-11-04 (Monday)

Andreas Hasenack andreas at canonical.com
Wed Nov 6 21:05:31 UTC 2019

38 bugs to triage

Some worth mentioning:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/1681839
Old bug, from 2017, got a debdiff for xenial

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/sssd/+bug/1723350
got an upstream patch and is now actionable, even though bug
reproduction is complicated. But users are willing to help testing.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/strongswan/+bug/1772705
has patch available and many users seem affected. It's already tagged
server-next. I set priority to "high"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/systemd/+bug/1845337
autopkgtest fix for systemd on armhf with nested lxd, affects only the
ubuntu ci. Probably not worth a disco sru on its own, but should
systemd be sru'ed in the future, having this fix would be nice. Fix
was also applied upstream.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/haproxy/+bug/1848902
Good candidatre for a fix. Patch available, committed upstream,
confirmed by others, has reproduction steps. Was server-next already,
I set the prio to "high".

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/python-tornado/+bug/1849374
failing tests with python 3.8 were disabled temporarily. The action
here is to fix them. Triaged, subscribed ubuntu-server, and marked as
medium.

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mysql-8.0/+bug/1850895
mysql upgrade to 8.0 failed to remove a deprecated config option
"query_cache_limit", possibly because it was in one of the other
million mysql config files in /etc/mysql. Tagged with
server-triage-discuss

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/mysql-8.0/+bug/1850998
Another option that was removed from mysql-8. Added
server-triage-discuss to see if we should handle these in a better
way.

I reached my EOD, but I still have these two to look at:
LP: #1673357 - (New)            [munin]          - Munin core plugin
if_ doesn't work
LP: #1799185 - (Triaged)        [spamassassin]   - spamd running with
virtual-config-dir mkdir error