Ubuntu Server Bug Squashing Day (monthly)

Christian Ehrhardt christian.ehrhardt at canonical.com
Wed Mar 15 11:17:14 UTC 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Tammy Miller <tgmiller5 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I am for a bug squash day. I would like to be on rotation as well of
> triaging bugs. How can I do so?

Hi Tammy,
thanks for volunteering to help!

The Server Team has to ensure nothing is lost (That happening in the past
was the reason we started the rotation), and that can only be done by a
rotation in the Team itself.
But you can help just as much without being on rotation by "just doing
triaging" whenever you want/can.

We use the ubuntu-server-triage tool [1] that helps us to get a list of
bugs related to the server-teams packages last updated on a given day (and
no more since then).
So whenever time permits feel free to pick a day and see if any of those
bugs still need triaging.
There is a general info on triaging [2] and also a few pre-filtered links
and info at [3] for ubuntu-server triaging.

Please let us know if that works for you (and others if they try as well),
we are certainly open to discussion on improving documentation, tools and
community collaboration.
If questions arise while helping on the triage you can also ping paelzer,
nacc or rbasak on IRC

[1]: https://github.com/powersj/ubuntu-server-triage
[2]: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Triage
[3]: