hpacucli gives 'Max array count reach' with HP Smart Array P420i raid controller on DL360p Gen8

Decstasy dj at decstasy.de
Sat May 7 08:38:25 UTC 2016

Hello Asif,

according to the Controller specs you cannot add more logical volumes:
"Logical Drives Supported Zero Memory for embedded controller supports
up to 2 logical volumes
512MB cache and greater, Up to 64 logical volumes" (see page 14:
http://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/GetPDF.aspx%2Fc04111534.pdf)

In your situation I would suggest you to buy more cache and reorganize
it if possible. Configure the 4 drives as a raid 10 and the other two as
raid 1.
You could keep the md raid but you will have more perfamnce withoud the
md raid.

Another option would be to add your two new disks to the existing raid
0's and extend everything in the OS.
Since I assume that the 300 GB drives will be faster than the new 1TB
drives your server might get slower.

I hope I helped you ^.^

Best regards,
Dennis