Calling for Server Guide reviewers/contributors - - XENIAL

Peter Matulis peter.matulis at canonical.com
Thu Mar 17 23:27:30 UTC 2016

Maybe it is time for radical changes. We don't get contributions so why are
we so concerned about translations? Translations of what? To be honest, I
favour pruning guide to bare essentials, changing what's left to Markdown,
and going from there. Putting it all in a git tree on Launchpad would be
but a detail.

On 17 March 2016 at 18:07, Doug Smythies <dsmythies at telus.net> wrote:

> On 2106.03.17 14:11 Serge Hallyn wrote:
>
> > I'm working (in the background) on a new lxd section.  I'm writing the
> draft
> > in the github markdown format.
>
> Serge, thanks. I recall your lxc contribution was very good and much
> appreciated.
>
> > I recall there was some discussion on this
> > before, so just to make sure - are we still using xml format and the bzr
> > tree?
>
> Docbook XML still and bzr, yes.
>
> > Any chance of switching to a lp git tree? :)
>
> Fundamental change suggestions do keep coming up.
> Myself, I do not fully understand all the workflow
> issues associated with such major changes, including
> translations work flow impacts. Nor would I know how to
> detail and estimate a complete project plan, both in terms
> of a viable timeline and person power estimates. i.e. I don't
> know how to do the due diligence project planning required
> to work towards a go / no go decision.
> Peter Matulis might have a comment.
>
> ... Doug

Peter Matulis