Calling for Server Guide reviewers/contributors - - XENIAL

Doug Smythies dsmythies at telus.net
Thu Mar 17 20:26:37 UTC 2016

On 2106.02.04 07:40 Peter Matulis wrote:

> We need people to review current instructions provided in the
> Ubuntu Server Guide and suggest improvements.
> Please visit the following link and help out where you can.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/DocumentationTeam/SystemDocumentation/UbuntuServerGuide
>
> The subjects we need the most help with this cycle are the following, in order of priority:
>
> Zentyal
> Ceph
> systemd
> Chat Applications overview
> IRC Server
> Jabber Instant Messaging Server
>
> Samba - Introduction
> Samba - File Server
> Samba - Print Server
> Samba - Securing File and Print Server
> Samba - As a Domain Controller
> Samba - Active Directory Integration
> OpenVPN
> Samba and LDAP
> Exim4
> Mailman
> Mail Filtering
>
> DNS troubleshooting
> AppArmor
> Certificates
> eCryptfs
> Monitoring overview
> Nagios
> Munin
> Ruby on Rails
> phpMyAdmin
>
> Instead of helping on a per-topic basis you can also offer fixes to existing bugs:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/serverguide
>
> We're also looking for help in maintaining the guide in terms
> of validating reviews (merge proposals).

We need help with the Serverguide.
In particular, we need help from subject matter experts.
While the documentation string freeze deadline has just past,
the Serverguide is not bound by that deadline because it is not
a released package, so there is still time to contribute.

To summarize where are at the moment: NOWHERE!!! Nothing has
been contributed for revised for the 16.04 LTS cycle.

... Doug