Wishes for +Xenial
Martinx - ジェームズ
thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Sun Jan 24 00:56:01 UTC 2016
I'm wondering here about what package versions we'll have on Xenial
So, I'm creating a wish list! :-P
- Apt 1.2
- Linux 4.4 (long term) - confirmed
- OpenShot 2.0
- Ansible 2.0
- Docker 1.10.X - better integrated with Ubuntu and with rolling upgrades
during 16.04 life cycle (like Ubuntu Cloud archive)
- QEmu 2.5 - Done - With 3D support (specially for Ubuntu Desktop on KVM)!
- Mesa 11.1 - Done
- Xen 4.6 - Done!
- DPDK 2.2 or 2.3 (new 16.04) with Xen support (for ParaVirt DomUs) -
- Virt-Manager 1.3 and SPICE support (Python 3 deps already in)
- Libvirt 1.2.21 - Done!
- Samba 4.3 - Done!
- SSSD 1.13 - Done!
- Wireshark 2 (QT based, no GTK)
- nmap 7
- InfluxDB 0.9.6 (or newer) - Done!
- Prometheus Server 0.16 & Node Exporter (0.12)
- MariaDB 10.1.10 plus better support for it (move it for Main Repo)
- Vagrant 1.8 - Done - But fully integrated with both KVM/Libvirt and
- Enlightenment 0.20 & LibEFL 1.16 - https://www.enlightenment.org/download
with Wayland enabled ;-)
- Terminology 0.9.1
- blivet-gui: http://blog.vojtechtrefny.cz/blivet-gui instead of GParted ?
And why not, new packages (specially more Go projects)? Like:
- Alertmanager (Prometheus)
- PromDash (Prometheus)
- KVM VirtIO Windows Drivers as ISO but, packaged as .deb
- Xen GPLPV Windows Drivers as ISO but, packaged as .deb
- Better NodeJS Integration and NPM management
- More Ruby Gem as Deb packages
- Bitcoin/Litecoin Electrum Wallet
- Ethereum and IoT Devices?
- Bitcoin/Litecoin/Etc integrated with Ubuntu App Store!?
* systemd networkd - drop ifupdowd, please.
LXD fully supported on OpenStack.
** OpenStack hybrid Compute Node that supports KVM and LXD side-by-side.
Perfect IPv6 support! Especially for OpenStack...
- All Microsoft Open Source projects, .NET (corefx, corectr, etc), Visual
Studio, everything... Kidding...
- Apple Swift available
Bug fixes for:
* Make Linux Kernel more modular (very important and an easy one):
* ecryptfs-utils does not work with Ubuntu 14.04.3:
* ubuntu-desktop depends on iBus, which is totally broken:
* NM disables accept_ra for an IPv6 connection, where it should enable it:
* Impossible to disable IPv6 auto, params "accept_ra & autoconf = 0" have
no effect on VLAN interfaces:
* memcached unable to bind to an ipv6 address:
- Samba related bugs:
* Samba4 AD DC randomly dies (4.3 might be better, need to put it in prod
* Samba4, when with 2003 default level, dies when IPv6 is enabled:
* Samba has a wrong "Dual-Stack" implementation (I think) - (I'll help to
prepare a reproducible procedure):
* Samba4 get stuck after a server reboot, if IPv6 is enabled:
- A elegant solution for this:
* Ubuntu does not honor “ignore-hosts” proxy settings for IPv6:
This problem is interesting, I think that Ubuntu should provide a way to, *if
the proxy is enabled, do a DNS Look up locally, before querying local
"ignore-hosts" table.* This is specially useful, if for example, you have
an IPv6-Only Ubuntu Desktop, but NEED a Proxy only to browse IPv4 networks.
What I'm trying to do here is to put the Global IPv6 subnet (2000::/3) in
my "ignore-hosts", because I don't need a proxy to reach IPv6 hosts, but,
everything goes to the proxy (because the DNS look up occurs at the Proxy,
and this sucks sometimes). If someone can point me a different solution to
this problem, that would be great!
Sorry about crossposting... =P
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ubuntu-server