[PHP7] Request for testing

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Mon Apr 4 21:39:15 UTC 2016

On Mon, Apr 04, 2016 at 02:35:44PM -0700, Seth Arnold wrote:
> I think it is a mistake to add drupal8 to our archives. No one has tended
> to existing versions:
>
> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/drupal6.html
> http://people.canonical.com/~ubuntu-security/cve/pkg/drupal7.html
>
> Anyone installing drupal from our archives is getting something that we
> know is old and has security issues.
>
> Packaging drupal is providing negative value to our users. If
> someone absolutely must run drupal, they'd be best served to run an
> upstream tarball. Then it is clear who has the burden of following
> updates.
>
> Unless someone has a serious committment to SRUing every single upstream
> update for the life of 16.04 LTS I think we'd be better off dropping
> drupal entirely.

I understand the sentiment here, but I feel that we should be consistent
about this across the archive. We've already done the same for bitcoin
and owncloud, though I think that was based on upstream sentiment.

drupal7 -> drupal8 really just maintains the status quo here.

If we want to drop drupal, we should also consider other similar
packages like wordpress IMHO.

Perhaps something to ask ubuntu-devel or the TB to consider.

Robie