Nested LXD, how?

Ryan Harper ryan.harper at canonical.com
Fri Oct 23 21:05:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sure, I'm aware of that but, my question is:
>
> * Will OpenStack with LXD, configure the containers, with
> "security.nesting 1" automatically? If no, is there any config option
> related to this?
>
> So I can run nested LXD containers, inside my bare-metal LXD container
> launched by Nova?

Not clear to me why you'd nest LXD in LXD if you already have LXD on your
compute host, but I don't know your use-case.
That said, I don't see a config option for that in the nova-compute-lxd
driver at this time.  If that's something desired
I suggest filing an issue[1] with the upstream and document your use-case
for the developers to understand.

1. https://github.com/lxc/nova-compute-lxd/issues

Ryan