Nested LXD, how?

Martinx - ジェームズ thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 21:47:00 UTC 2015

On 23 October 2015 at 19:05, Ryan Harper <ryan.harper at canonical.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 3:54 PM, Martinx - ジェームズ <thiagocmartinsc at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> Sure, I'm aware of that but, my question is:
>>
>> * Will OpenStack with LXD, configure the containers, with
>> "security.nesting 1" automatically? If no, is there any config option
>> related to this?
>>
>> So I can run nested LXD containers, inside my bare-metal LXD container
>> launched by Nova?
>

> Not clear to me why you'd nest LXD in LXD if you already have LXD on your
> compute host, but I don't know your use-case.
> That said, I don't see a config option for that in the nova-compute-lxd
> driver at this time.  If that's something desired
> I suggest filing an issue[1] with the upstream and document your use-case
> for the developers to understand.
>
> 1. https://github.com/lxc/nova-compute-lxd/issues
>
> Ryan

Yep, I'm also not seeing anything related to "nesting" on
"nova-compute-lxd" source code...

---
git clone https://github.com/lxc/nova-compute-lxd.git
cd nova-compute-lxd
grep -ri nesting *
<nothing>
---

Yes, I need this feature (LXD-in-LXD), specially because someone else,
implemented it! Now I want it...   =P

Also, I don't want Docker inside LXD, because Docker is weird (for
me), I prefer "VM-Like behaviour"...

I'll fill a request on Github...

Thanks!
Thiago