What's your most hated long running bug?

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Oct 7 10:08:58 UTC 2015

Dear Server Users,

We've been tackling some long running bugs recently.

"recordfail false positive causes headless servers to hang on boot by
default" [1] is fixed.

"apt repository disk format has race conditions" [2] is well on the way to
being fixed; this work should be done by 16.04.

"apt-check hangs, preventing login via SSH" [3] - this causes the delay
you get on login after not logging in for a while. We have reached
consensus on the approach to take and Christian is looking at a fix for
us now.

What other bugs are there that affects most users and that we put up
with so much every day that we've forgotten about them? Can you think of
any that the team could tackle in time for the next LTS?

What else could we fix to improve quality in a way that affects most
server users generally?

Robie

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/grub2/+bug/1443735
[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/apt/+bug/972077