Call for testing: Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.5

Robie Basak robie.basak at ubuntu.com
Wed Sep 18 11:46:11 UTC 2013

There has been much work in Debian since wheezy was released, including
a major transition to Apache 2.4[1]. The maintainers used this
opportunity to overhaul the packaging, which also affected dependencies
such as PHP[2].

Ubuntu has picked this up. We're now well into feature freeze, and
expect to release in October with Apache 2.4 and PHP 5.5.

I have done some testing. Everything seems to work, but I am aware that
users do quite radically different things with their Apache
configurations.

So if you intend to use Apache and/or PHP in a future release, please
take some time to check that your use cases still work on our current
development release (Saucy).

If you have automated deployments and testing, then please adapt, run
and test your deployments against the development release. This will put
you in great shape for our upcoming LTS release next year.

It would be great to identify and fix any issues before release, when
bugs are much easier to fix.

Thanks,

Robie

[2] https://wiki.debian.org/Apache/PackagingFor24