[vUDS blueprint 13.10] virt stack work

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at ubuntu.com
Fri May 3 14:06:53 UTC 2013

Quoting James Page (james.page at ubuntu.com):
> Hi Serge
>
> On 01/05/13 19:19, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> >Apart from upgrading versions (qemu to 1.4.1, libvirt to the august version),
> >items to consider include:
> >
> >   * edk2:
> >       - debug builds (carried over)
> >       - ability to save/restore NvVars
> >          . not in ovmf yet
> >          . proposed through qemu flash support
> >   * openbios-sparc: fix 64-bit bios
> >   * better qemu-user arm support  (Help fixing some of the current bugs)
>
> I heard that the live block migration support in libvirt > 1.0.2
> inconjunction with qemu > 1.4 has so good efficiency improvements;
> could we get some focus of verifying that those features are all
> working well? Maybe some automated testing as well?
>
> This would help support improved live block migration in OpenStack -
> we should look to get both qemu and libvirt backported for the
> Havana Cloud Archive for 12.04 as well.

There has been a test in qa-regression-testing for a long time, but
it took extra setup so rarely got run.  This sounds like a job for
a shiny new juju charm!  Set up one test for shared block storage
(with ceph for extra points) and oen for block migration?

Thanks, that should indeed be in this blueprint.