[vUDS blueprint 13.10] virt stack work

James Page james.page at ubuntu.com
Fri May 3 13:42:22 UTC 2013

Hi Serge

On 01/05/13 19:19, Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Apart from upgrading versions (qemu to 1.4.1, libvirt to the august version),
> items to consider include:
>
>    * edk2:
>        - debug builds (carried over)
>        - ability to save/restore NvVars
>           . not in ovmf yet
>           . proposed through qemu flash support
>    * openbios-sparc: fix 64-bit bios
>    * better qemu-user arm support  (Help fixing some of the current bugs)

I heard that the live block migration support in libvirt > 1.0.2
inconjunction with qemu > 1.4 has so good efficiency improvements; could
we get some focus of verifying that those features are all working well?
Maybe some automated testing as well?

This would help support improved live block migration in OpenStack - we
should look to get both qemu and libvirt backported for the Havana Cloud
Archive for 12.04 as well.

Cheers

James

--