Server increasing load due increasing processes in D state

Alessandro Tagliapietra tagliapietra.alessandro at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 07:13:37 UTC 2013

Thanks for the reply,

> 1. Reconfigured your VMs to use a single vcpu and cap your available vcpus to 8,
> even less considering that more than half of your applications are IO bound.

you think a correct config would be to have less then 8 cpu used by VM?

> 2. the software raid can be a choke point for all application progress,
> virtual or otherwise; it needs CPU time too.

Yeah we're going to switch to hardware raid asap we've the money to.

By the way, the other server with the same specs but 17 vcpu on it doesn't have any issue…
Also can I still run that dump when I'll get processes hanging and let you know? Things wouldn't just go slower in case of high load? Not hang without any way to stop them?

Best Regards and thanks again

--

Alessandro Tagliapietra
alexfu.it (http://www.alexfu.it)