Server increasing load due increasing processes in D state

Peter M. Petrakis peter.petrakis at canonical.com
Mon Feb 25 20:38:58 UTC 2013

summary: You're massively over provisioned, +100%

resolution:
1. Reconfigured your VMs to use a single vcpu and cap your available vcpus to 8,
    even less considering that more than half of your applications are IO bound.
2. the software raid can be a choke point for all application progress,
    virtual or otherwise; it needs CPU time too.

remarks:
you have a test setup, treat it as such, 19 vcpus is overboard.

Peter