Call for Testing: Ubuntu Server Quantal

George Dunlap dunlapg at umich.edu
Fri Sep 21 15:12:08 UTC 2012

FWIW:
* The 32-bit version from Quantal works
* The 64-bit version from Precise works
* The sizes of the initrd.gz in the main directory of the mirror seems
to be a different size than the one in the netboot.tar.gz
 - http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/quantal/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/ubuntu-installer/amd64/initrd.gz
is 18314502 bytes
 - In http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/quantal/main/installer-amd64/current/images/netboot/netboot.tar.gz,
the file ubuntu-installer/amd64/initrd.gz is 32723375 bytes

Is it possible the initrd.gz for the 64-bit version got corrupted somehow?

 -George