Call for Testing: Ubuntu Server Quantal

Clint Byrum clint at ubuntu.com
Thu Sep 20 23:16:42 UTC 2012

Excerpts from George Dunlap's message of 2012-09-20 09:45:28 -0700:
> I just spent 10 minutes trying to figure out how to *actually report a
> bug* on launchpad, and I give up.

Hi George. There are two easy ways. If you are reporting a bug on a running
system, just run

ubuntu-bug [package name]

The package name is optional, but highly recommended so that apport knows
what extra info to attach.

Since you are reporting installer errors that might be hard to do, so go here:

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu

And click "report a bug" on the right side.

> The netboot images for amd64 appear to be broken -- they don't work on
> either of my two test boxes (one an AMD, one an Intel).  The AMD
> hangs, the Intel reboots.  Below is the config I'm using:
>
> label ubuntu-quantal-amd64
>     kernel ubuntu-quantal-amd64/linux
>         append vga=normal initrd=ubuntu-quantal-amd64/initrd.gz -- quiet
>
> The files in question were just downloaded today:
>
> -rw-r--r--   1 mikemc xendev 9306616 Sep 20 16:39 initrd.gz
> -rw-r--r--   1 mikemc xendev 5127712 Sep 20 16:39 linux

Can you give more information on the details of your hardware so others can
try to reproduce?