MaaS/Juju questions

Anders Bruun Olsen abo at dsl.dk
Mon May 7 13:14:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying out MaaS and Juju for the first time and have run into a couple
of questions that I haven't been able to find answers to in the
documentation or by searching.

My setup is as follows: One server installed from scratch with the "create
maas server" option on the 12.04 server cdrom and two nodes that PXE boot
from the MaaS server.

1. I have the two nodes able to be started from the MaaS webinterface with
WoL. However, once they are booted I have been unable to find a way of
shutting them down or rebooting them except by physically walking up to
them and pressing the power button or ctrl-alt-delete. Is there no remote
way of doing this?

2. In continuance of Q1, I have added my SSH public key in the MaaS
webinterface, but I have been unable to login to any of the nodes over SSH.
Are there no accounts enabled on MaaS nodes? (this would enable remote
shutdown/reboot)

3. I have setup ~/.juju/environments.yaml according to the MaaS guide with
the OAuth key for my MaaS user. When I run 'juju bootstrap' it seems to
work, but 'juju status' only shows one machine. In the MaaS webinterface it
says that one of the nodes is allocated to my user, the other still says
'Ready'. How do I get both machines to be available for deployment of juju
charms?

4. If I later want to add more nodes, will I need to do a new bootstrap to
have them available to juju or is there a way to add them?

--
Anders Bruun Olsen
It-ansvarlig