I can't install ubuntu natty server on a iscsi root device

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon May 16 18:48:20 UTC 2011

Quoting carlopmart (carlopmart at gmail.com):
> Hi all,
>
>  I am trying to install natty server edition on a iscsi root drive
> (iscsi target is a rhel6 host). During installation all works ok, I
> can connect to iscsi target, partition disk, install packages, etc.
> But when ubuntu reboots, nothing appears, screen is black.
>
>  How can I debug this?? or Is this a bug?? I am installing this
> natty server as a kvm guest under a rhel6 kvm host.

It sounds like a bug, but to talk about it intelligently it'd be
nice to have precise reproduction instructions.  I'd encourage you
to file a bug, so we can collect all the information there.  Feel
free to file it against 'qemu-kvm (Ubuntu)'.  If it turns out to
be something else, we'll re-target it.

To see how I tested iscsi last year, search for 'iscsi boot' at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/VirtFeatureVerification.

thanks,
-serge