Introducing myself ... for Ubuntu Server Team

Serge E. Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Fri Jul 29 14:58:09 UTC 2011

Quoting Vincenzo Ciaglia (vincenzo at ciaglia.net):
> Hi all,
>
> I'm Vincenzo Ciaglia, a GNU/Linux System Administrator from Italy. I'm

Nice to meet you :)

> 25 years old and i use GNU/Linux since 2000. In the past i wrote for
> 6-years on Linux-Magazine Italy and many other magazines about system
> administration, security and networking topics. I was the founder and
> the main developer of Linux Netwosix, a GNU/Linux distro for
> sysadmin-security jobs and i served as SELinux Policy Hacker on Engarde
> Secure Linux for Guardian Digital, Inc. In 2004, or maybe 2005, i've

Cool.  In my spare time I've been wanting to work toward getting the
selinux testsuite running in an unmodified ubuntu server, and also
noticed some policy shortcomings (i.e. sshd_t).  Maybe we can spend some
time on that together.  Not looking to supplant apparmor, but options
are good.

> already attended an interview for an Ubuntu Server Developer position
> but unfortunately discarded because "too much security oriented".
>
> Actually i'm attending my BS in Computer Science and in the same time
> working as Linux Sysadmin for a IT Consulting company.
>
> In few words, i'd like to start working with you to improve Ubuntu
> Server.

Awesome.  Is there a particular set of applications you're interested
in?