ServerGuide reviewers needed

Scott Kitterman ubuntu at kitterman.com
Fri Aug 26 13:52:18 UTC 2011

On Friday, August 26, 2011 08:14:10 AM Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> On 08/17/2011 06:33 PM, Ahmed Kamal wrote:
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > As you know Adam the maintainer of the serverguide had stepped down.
> > I'm trying to assemble a team of server oriented folks who are
> > interested in reviewing the Ubuntu server guide (making sure all the
> > info inside is fresh and accurate), this is only part of it, the team
> > would also work on creating a fresh chapter on UbuntuCloud
> > (openstack+orchestra+Ensemble).
> >
> > If you are interested, please raise your hand
> >
> > Cheers
>
> Status Update:
> ==========
> - 13 Chapters have been adopted and are being worked on
> - 1 chapter merged, 2 merge proposal pending
> https://code.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-core-doc/serverguide/oneiric/+activerevi
> ews
> <https://code.launchpad.net/%7Eubuntu-core-doc/serverguide/oneiric/+active
> reviews> - 9 Chapters are waiting to be adopted (Email, File servers,
> Version control, LAMP, Chat Applications, Windows networking...etc). If
> you have interest in any of those and are considering contributing some of
> your time. Your help is really needed and now is a great time. Please add
> you name to http://pad.ubuntu.com/serverguide All instructions are on that
> page
>
> If you are already working on a chapter, this is a reminder to please
> update your status
> INPROGRESS => I am reviewing the chapter
> PROPOSED => Submitted merge proposal
> DONE => Merged
>
> If you took ownership of a (sub)chapter but you do not think you can
> finish it off around 1st of Oct, please regretfully revert its status
> back to TODO
>
> Thanks for all the help
> Cheers

I did just now attempt to propose merging
https://code.launchpad.net/~kitterman/+junk/serverguide but was unable to (LP
Bug #83473 ).  I'd appreciate it if someone who can do such things would merge
it.

Since we're doing this in a VCS, I don't understand why we need a tracking
page?  If people have changes then they can be merged.

Scott K