Packaging AWS command line tools for Natty

Scott Moser smoser at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 19 21:14:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Christophe Sauthier wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 19, 2010 at 10:09 PM, Scott Moser <smoser at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > On Tue, 19 Oct 2010, Mathias Gug wrote:
> >> Seems like the best option.
> > That spec would not be the correct place, as
> > a.) it is discussing improvements to the images themselves
> > b.) none of the packages Eric mentioned would be in main (uec images only
> > contain stuff in main).
>
> I am sorry Scott, but I am not sure that a package need to be in main
> to be discused at a UDS. I can remember some cases (not in the server
> part it is true) where it was discussed while the software were in
> universe.

Sorry if I was unclear.  It is absolutely not a requirement for a package
to be in main for it to be discussed at UDS.

The requirement is that all packages included in a UEC Image (and, I
believe other official distribution media) must be in main.  Because of
that, the proposed new packages have nothing to do with uec-images.

We can (and will) absolutely discuss packaging new upstream sources.  Its
just that the discussion is not relavant to the uds session that Clint
mentioned.